Whether you attend church regularly or have never set foot in a church of any kind, McGrawsville UMC is an exciting place to be. The things that are meaningful to God are the things that are meaningful to us – and that includes the chance to know you and help you know the Lord better and more deeply.
Our worship services offer practical preaching and teaching from the Bible and an attitude of love. McGrawsville strives to help people lead authentic Christian lives in a world of rapidly shifting values. We walk together, helping each other understand God's Word and the lives God wants us to live.
There are many ways for you to be blessed here at McGrawsville. Here are some things that our new visitors may want to know.
- We are Christ-centered in our preaching and teaching.
- Our music is vibrant and energetic. Our congregation is full of friendly and engaging people.
- We offer ministry and worship opportunities for all ages - from tiny babies to mature elders. We care about every generation.Worship is a way of life for us.
- We offer our bodies and minds as living sacrifices (Romans 12:1-2 ).
- We worship God when we share the gospel (Romans 15:16 ).
- We worship God when we give financial offerings (Philippians 4:18 ).
- We worship God when we help other people (Hebrews 13:16 ).
- When we worship we say that He is worthy; worth our time, attention and allegiance. We praise Him and glorify Him for His willingness, in humility, to become one of us for our sakes.
- We praise Him for the righteousness He inputs to us (2 Corinthians 5:21 ).
- We were made to worship and declare His praises. It is simply right that we praise the One who created us, the One who died and rose to save us and give us life eternal, the One who works even now to help us become more like Him.
- The Apostle John was given a vision of our future: "I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: 'To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, forever and ever!'" (Revelation 5:13 ). This is the right response: awe at the awesome, honor for the honorable, and allegiance to the trustworthy.
We encourage you to join us during our Sunday Service as the starting point for your worship time.
If you are a new visitor, want to know more about the church, or have any other questions, please visit the About Us section of the site.
We look forward to seeing you soon!